Stalled out on a branch and now won't start

Ademl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a 932 grasshopper with a 72in front deck. When mowing I "found" a branch in some taller weeds that jammed the deck and stalled out the motor. Now I can't get it to start. It does not turn over. What am I missing? It worked flawlessly before that. I'm needing a little direction . I inherited this from my parents and had it for about 6wks.

Mikel1

Threads
Have you checked the fuses, looks like there are several?

Ademl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, the fuses are good. Pto switch and safeties all worked fine prior to the stall out.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've got a 932 grasshopper with a 72in front deck. When mowing I "found" a branch in some taller weeds that jammed the deck and stalled out the motor. Now I can't get it to start. It does not turn over. What am I missing? It worked flawlessly before that. I'm needing a little direction . I inherited this from my parents and had it for about 6wks.

I ran over a stump/mound of dirt with a JD x300 and it died. It wouldn't restart. I couldn't figure it out.
I got some 2x4's and worked it off the stump, then take it to shop. Never got to the shop, off the mound it started up and never showed any problem.

?????

I assume you cleaned all the weeds and such off and out from under. Does it crank over but not start? Is it possible it sheared the flywheel key?

Or does it do absolutely nothing, like a safety switch not satisfied?

Ademl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Doesn't crank at all and acts like a switch. I verified all the safeties I can find.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you actually look to see if a piece of limb is still jamming the blades so they cannot move. In such a case the starter will strain and get hot if you continue to work the starter switch against its spring load.

Ademl

Forum Newbie
Threads
First thing I did was get the deck up and get the stuff out from underneath.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check wire to starter for 12v and ground continuity if applicable. Something torn loose?

Ademl

Forum Newbie
Threads
There's power to the starter. From reading other threads, it sounds like the pto switch? Nothing is torn loose, I checked out the seat switch, it's fine. I looked for safety switches for the control arms but can't find them. I looked for wiring going to the arms and linkage, but didn't find them. Thoughts?