Squeeky Front wheels on timecutter 4235

wafflesngravy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since there are some obviously very knowledgable people around here let me ask you this question. A couple years ago my time cutter developed a squeek in the front wheels. It's a loud obnoxious one that happens more the hotter it is outside. I can grease the wheels through the grease nipple until it starts squirting out and it will shut them up for a couple of mowings but then they start right back up. Is this a common issue on these things? Can the bearings be replaced? Do I need new wheels? I live in a windy somewhat dusty area could they really be getting dirty that fast? It's a 6 year old timecutter, model 74633.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Depends on the serial number but it appear the front wheel uses metal bushings that rides the bolt. Very common for mowers with system to wear out the bushings due lack of grease. Once they start to wear it just keeps getting worse. Good however is that flanged ball and flanged roller bearing are available as an upgrade. An example of the heavy roller bearing is Stens 215-267.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, the bushings can be replaced. Very easy to do, but I would disassemble the wheels first and clean everything. Look to make sure that the shaft is not worn and need to be replaced also. Here is a parts breakdown for you unit, which will give you an idea how easy it will be. Pages four and six. https://www.toro.com/getpub/74506

wafflesngravy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, I plan to work on this mower this weekend and I'll take them apart and check it out. I'll post pictures when I do if I have any questions. Thanks for the input and thanks for the diagram!