SPLITTING ENGINE HELD TOGETHER WITH HONDA BOND

honda1

Threads
hello I have an HRR216 VKC that I have to replace the governor that's malfunctioning but how do separate the 2 halves of the engine that are held with that HONDA BOND after you remove the bolts?
thank you in advance

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
hello I have an HRR216 VKC that I have to replace the governor that's malfunctioning but how do separate the 2 halves of the engine that are held with that HONDA BOND after you remove the bolts?
thank you in advance

Here's how to pop the block from the oil pan, and how to get them back together again:

gcvblocksplit_zpsd8025076.jpg

gcvblockassemble_zps4312e44c.jpg

honda1

Threads
thank you very much Robert@Honda

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
thank you in advance

Just what is Honda Bond. anaerobic sealant ?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
More them just Honda uses anaerobic sealant. Been using it for years where a gasket wouldn't work because of clearances like putting cases together. It sound like they just put there name on it and call it Honda Bond so they can charge you more for it.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hondabond HT is "...high temperature silicone liquid gasket. Non-acidic, will not corrode aluminum For use in areas not requiring solid gaskets." It comes in a 1.9 ounce tube with a list price of $16.28. Honda part number 08718-0004. Google any part number to find a Honda Dealer selling it online, or use this link to find a Honda Dealer in your area: Find A Honda Dealer

The Honda shop manual says you may also use Loctite 5900; "Flange Sealant, Heavy Body RTV Silicone is a one part RTV silicone that has superior flexibility and adhesion. Provides instant seal. Excellent fluid resistance. Non-corrosive, low odor, low volatility." A 300ml (10 ounce) tube is $46.05. Loctite part number ORS091220166ORS.