Split pole trimmers and other attachments.

Threads
The power head price was an average for the Stihl. I think they have three different units starting $309 to $369 the 90R, 110R& the 130R which is there 36.3cc The Echo units start at $179 and go as high as $359 for there 28cc unit.
As far as convenience goes I think it would be far easier to carry full units than pieces at least I have Trimmer racks for them. What would you do or where would you put four half pieces of equipment and a power head on a trailer?

Yeah that's a good point, there would not really be any good places to put the powerheads.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah that's a good point, there would not really be any good places to put the powerheads.

I think the Stihl and Echo systems would be ideal for the homeowner where they would be used on a once a week thing for there yard and the could hang the units in the garage for storage but for the Lawn-care professional it would in my eyes be more of a hassle than there worth. Just my :2cents:

CZLawnCare

Threads
I run 6 kimbi system power heads for 8 attachments because i like the convenience of being able to just switch the power head if lets say my edger were to go down. If i had a one piece machine if the engine goes down so does the ability to perform the task its used for.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run 6 kimbi system power heads for 8 attachments because i like the convenience of being able to just switch the power head if lets say my edger were to go down. If i had a one piece machine if the engine goes down so does the ability to perform the task its used for.

I agree if the engine goes down so does the ability to perform the task its used for, but you like my self have created yourself a backup system and that's the reason I carry two of everything. Like you and I and most guys know Down time can cost you money and clients and we can't afford either in business.

CZLawnCare

Threads
Exactly i believe everyone should have back ups on their trailer because down time does end up costing you more than just a repair bill

Threads
I think the Stihl and Echo systems would be ideal for the homeowner where they would be used on a once a week thing for there yard and the could hang the units in the garage for storage but for the Lawn-care professional it would in my eyes be more of a hassle than there worth. Just my :2cents:

Yes, I agree. Echo does have these attachment hangers (see picture) so you can hang your attachments up. This is for a homeowner, but maybe a professional could use them somehow, I don't know. http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Accessories/Pro-Attachment-Series-Accessories
echo attachment hanger.jpg

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Exactly i believe everyone should have back ups on their trailer because down time does end up costing you more than just a repair bill

With the system that uses the same powerhead for so many different things, you can carry two powerheads or even three powerheads and then if one goes down you still have the ability to run everything from a running powerhead. That way you do not have to have two of everything.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
It is great for saving room but not everyone buy the hedge trimmer the pole saw and stuff and I don't think a sthil will mess up if you know how to take care of them :):) :thumbsup:

pexaj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Many stores offer trimmers that now have many different attachments that work with the same power-head. Does anybody know who makes these trimmers? There are about 10 different brand names. I just wonder if all of them are made by Poulan. I have used a Cub Cadet one this summer and had no problems with it Troy Bilt Pole Saw Attachment. I used it with the string trimmer head, also the hedge trimmers and the edger, and the Pole-saw.

Does anybody else use one of these?
Hello. I’ve acquired several multi tool heads and accessories IE the trimmer power head with detachable accessories such as trimmer, hedge trimmer, pole saw, rototiller etc. Is there any interchangeably between the different brands? I think I have a Poulan, Toro, Ryobi, and maybe one other head. Plus a bunch of attachments that maybe belong to one of the heads. Also curious if any of the new electric power heads could use these accessories?