Spark plug stuck

I put another reply, don't know what happened. I have another mower just like this one. My uncle and I bought at same time. My deck rusted, my uncle gave me his (had to mow his yard of course). If I have to how hard is it to remove one head and replace another. Is there a "sticky" for this. I can give motor type and size. Thanks
 
go to youtube and type in lawnmower engine head removal. or Briggs head removal. 9 bolts and accessories around head, new gasket torque to specs done.
 
Putting pressure on it might work. I would loosen it up as much as you can, then either pry it with a flat head while at the same time loosening it; or pull on it with vice grips while loosening it with a wrench. Not sure if this will work but might lead to something. Also I have the same mower and I had stripped the threads while putting a new spark plug in and the new spark plug won稚 tighten all the way but the old spark plug fits in still and works so I知 just going to stick with the old one since it痴 not a problem yet!
 
Finally got plug out. Little bigger ratchet and slow turning. The end of plug had broken off, not sure how. I removed head and found some shavings and cleaned up. Plug hole would definitely have to be helicoiled. I have the head off my other mower going to try first. Gasket looked good. Hoped to put back on and be back in business. In putting the casket back on, will it hold in place or do I need to use something else. Thanks
 
Use Permatex Aviation sealant. Sold at any auto parts store in a small container. I have used it for the last 60 years on head gaskets.
 
Well guys, not so good. Decided to go with head from other mower. Took off, cleaned what carbon I could (wasn't to bad) and put back on. Started and seem to run okay. Tried to start 15 minutes later, would turn but not hit. Took off air filter, sprayed a little starter fluid in card (left air filter off) and tried to start, started right up, but, when I lifted cover of mower, oil was shooting into breather through what I think is an exhaust hose (goes to engine). Immediately turned off but oil had covered everything plus you can see oil in bottom of carb. Is this something I done or did something just break in motor. Either way looks like a rebuild, any idea on cost?
 
Back
Top