spark plug issue ???

Daveb the manual I used was the last one that came out just before they went under. It also covers all the OHV engine Tecumseh produced. You're telling me that the spark plug companies override the OEM. Stens isn't even a plug manufacturer. As Fish said, you can use other plugs as long as the length and tip are the same and the heat range is close. I would follow the OEM first unless there was no other available, or a cross to another major plug producer, not distributor. Just my opinion, as I'm just an old fart who has forgotten more than he knows and likes to make trouble.
 
Daveb the manual I used was the last one that came out just before they went under. It also covers all the OHV engine Tecumseh produced. You're telling me that the spark plug companies override the OEM. Stens isn't even a plug manufacturer. As Fish said, you can use other plugs as long as the length and tip are the same and the heat range is close. I would follow the OEM first unless there was no other available, or a cross to another major plug producer, not distributor. Just my opinion, as I'm just an old fart who has forgotten more than he knows and likes to make trouble.

Why wouldnt a plug manufacturer override a OEM spec? Plug manufacturer knows about the plug than OEM would.
 
Maybe because the manufacturer designed the engine. But, an equipment dealer knows more than the retired old teacher so I'll say what you want to hear. You're right, I'm wrong and goodby.
 
Now that we have the spark plugs all straighten out. I am still going to say if it starts with starting fluid he doesn't have a spark plug problem. I still want to know how do you tell what a weak spark is without a proper test???
 
Now that we have the spark plugs all straighten out. I am still going to say if it starts with starting fluid he doesn't have a spark plug problem. I still want to know how do you tell what a weak spark is without a proper test???
reynoldston is right,but if you hold the plug wire with your hand crank the engine and if you don't poop your pants,its a weak spark.lol
 
Back
Top