Something Different

afoulk

Threads
Stopped by a kids house tonight that I work with to pick up a couple push mowers he was giving me (will post on them tomorrow after I get some time to take pics) and found this His parents own a nursery and land scaping business and have a bunch of old stuff sitting around (including an old Farmall Super C). Thought you guys would enjoy some pics of it.

I thought it was pretty cool and had never seen anything like it before. As you can see, it had a pretty good size Wisconsin engine, don't know the power rating of it though. Hes been messing with it trying to get it running, says he had the carb apart and its getting spark. I told him if he ever gets tired of messing with it, I'd buy it off of him. My favorite part is it says "The Gem" on the side of it Anyone know much about these?

mistermowerman

Threads
Stopped by a kids house tonight that I work with to pick up a couple push mowers he was giving me (will post on them tomorrow after I get some time to take pics) and found this His parents own a nursery and land scaping business and have a bunch of old stuff sitting around (including an old Farmall Super C). Thought you guys would enjoy some pics of it.

I thought it was pretty cool and had never seen anything like it before. As you can see, it had a pretty good size Wisconsin engine, don't know the power rating of it though. Hes been messing with it trying to get it running, says he had the carb apart and its getting spark. I told him if he ever gets tired of messing with it, I'd buy it off of him. My favorite part is it says "The Gem" on the side of it Anyone know much about these?
The Gem was made by Howard Rotavator ,they are still in great demand over here in any condition, not seen one with that engine on though.:smile:

afoulk

Threads
From what I've been told, very few were shipped here to the states with the engines that you had available on your side of the pond. in fact, I was told most were shipped without engines. in the event that they were, Howard required that certain Wisconsin engine models be used. I guess they felt they were the only ones that would hold up to the abuse. I wish manufacturers today still used that philosophy, instead of using what ever engine manufacturer cuts them the best deal.