SnowBlower Height

Malcolm3000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I getting reading for winter and just swapped my mowing deck with the snowblower attachment for my YT3000. This will be my third winter with it and want to make my tractor perform better than the previous two years.

Here is my problem:

My mower gets stuck when the snow blower hits either the ramp (the ramp is long enough but not flat) or the ground when moving in and out of my shed. Today, I installed the snow blower and noticed that the snow blower when raised is only about 1" off the ground. This seems too low. There is much play in the lifting handle as if it was designed to raise it much more.

A question to other owners who have a snow blower....What is the height of the blower off the ground when raised? Has anyone modified it so it raised much higher?

Thanks,

Malcolm.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
so I have not used one of these before but there must be some sort of adjustment in the linkage that lifts the unit?
or does the unit have different holes it hooks into? and maybe the unit is getting stuck on something when lifting.

gfp55

Threads
Hello,

I getting reading for winter and just swapped my mowing deck with the snowblower attachment for my YT3000. This will be my third winter with it and want to make my tractor perform better than the previous two years.

Here is my problem:

My mower gets stuck when the snow blower hits either the ramp (the ramp is long enough but not flat) or the ground when moving in and out of my shed. Today, I installed the snow blower and noticed that the snow blower when raised is only about 1" off the ground. This seems too low. There is much play in the lifting handle as if it was designed to raise it much more.

A question to other owners who have a snow blower....What is the height of the blower off the ground when raised? Has anyone modified it so it raised much higher?

Thanks,

Yes there has to be something that is not letting it lift higher. Maybe you should study the install manual, service manual to see if it is installed correctly. Maybe if you look in the google images for you model with a blower on, you may see one that shows the clearance.

de dee

Threads
I have a pgt 9000 and a north wind 44 " blower with electric lift , it will lift 5 " off of the ground,. I noticed last year if my tires were not full preasure in the front tires it hung low,.

de dee

Threads
my rear tires say 10 lb.s and if I over preasure to 15 lb.s the front will drop a inch or so,. the other thing is check all the bolts on the lifting handle, if there is any slack that will affect the lift,.like bolts to small for the holes,. have you got snow yet, we are expecting snow tomorrow,. have a good day de dee

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have manual or hydraulic lift. I have found that the manual lift just doesn't lift very high. I have the hydraulic lift on mine and I can lift it as high as the frame will allow.