Export thread

SNOW

M

mowerman05

Everybody got their snow blower ready to go? Going to be needing it.:thumbdown:

detdrbuzzard

detdrbuzzard

Everybody got their snow blower ready to go? Going to be needing it.:thumbdown:

my toro's are ready! I'm going to show the neighbor kid how to use a snowblower in about an hour

M

mowerman05

How much is on the ground at your place? Only about a inch in Owosso so far.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Been using the plow on the ATV so far this year, not much snow so far. We have the weather forecast tonight for 12 inches of snow coming tonight so the snow blower is on standby ready to go.

M

mowerman05

7-11 inches forecast for today and into the night. Have to wait and see what we get when its over. Mother nature gave us the snow, mother nature will take it away in time.

X-man

X-man

How much is on the ground at your place? Only about a inch in Owosso so far.

A little over 2 inches in Lapeer right now. I know I'm ready for it (not really).

reynoldston

reynoldston

. Mother nature gave us the snow, mother nature will take it away in time.

The problem with that I can't always wait for mother nature to get my car out of the driveway.

M

mowerman05

The problem with that I can't always wait for mother nature to get my car out of the driveway.

Agreed. Need to get out well before the snow melts.:thumbsup:

P

possum

It is true that Mother Nature will take the snow away in time but then it will take all of us away in time as well. I do not think I will wait for Mother Nature either way. I know my wife will not wait. And She is far worse than Mother Nature ever dreamed of being. And nowhere near as patient. Nor does she remove any snow.

bt3

bt3

My trusty 1965 Toro Power Handle Snow Hound runs like a champ. Unfortunately, the RECOIL STARTER uncoiled. I can't fix it. I've watched the Youtube videos, and tried different ways. It's just not my skill set on that old machine. I have to get it to the shop. There is a Toro dealer near me that can service that old machine.

So, I shoveled my head off today. GREAT exercise. :)

X-man

X-man

6:25 AM, ready to work.

This is how much snow we got, and how it looks on my car:

snowstorm020205 (1).jpgsnowstorm020205 (2).jpgsnowstorm020205 (3).jpg

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Not bad X-man!

We've been having snow since the end of November. It then all melted in December. Now we are back to normal. This morning it is - 20 C and with the wind -30. We are also having some nice powdered snow today.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Well we got pounded last night with snow and its still coming. We are well headed for 2 foot or better. I took my ATV out to plow snow but found that was completely useless. Just too much snow and the blade is just too small. So this afternoon I will get the snow blower out and do some real snow removal.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

2 feet is a lot! A blower is much better for that.

reynoldston

reynoldston

2 feet is a lot! A blower is much better for that.

yes thanks a lot for sending down that Canadian snow. We got enough so don't send any more down, you can keep it.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

yes thanks a lot for sending down that Canadian snow. We got enough so don't send any more down, you can keep it.

No problem! ;)

Seriously it's cold as hell here. You havn't had that as far as I know! As for snow, it seems to be going around us. We got about 10 cm today.

When was the last time you guys got 2 feet?

detdrbuzzard

detdrbuzzard

we got about 14" of snow , I had fun with my powershift 824 at home even though the carb needs a good cleaning and adjusting. I loaded up my ccr 3000E ( thought I had the 2450E ) and went to my sisters to blow snow for her. now she wants a 2450E. why did I think I had my 2450E and my sister wants a 2450E? because I put the ccr 3000E motor on a 2450 frame

reynoldston

reynoldston

No problem! ;)

When was the last time you guys got 2 feet?

That would be last year. We have had very little snow so far up to now this year. We get our snow off Lake Ontario.

X-man

X-man

Today was crazy. Had a crew of about 3 guys working from 6:30 AM til about 4 PM. We snowblowed/shoveled driveways and sidewalks along with clearing out all the fire hydrants in my trailer park. Don't know about you guys but I'm tired.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Today was crazy. Had a crew of about 3 guys working from 6:30 AM til about 4 PM. We snowblowed/shoveled driveways and sidewalks along with clearing out all the fire hydrants in my trailer park. Don't know about you guys but I'm tired.

Didn't think about the fire hydrants, I will get busy today on them.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

That would be last year. We have had very little snow so far up to now this year. We get our snow off Lake Ontario.

Yes, lake effect. It's bad. I hope you got all the snow removal done.

Parkmower

Parkmower

Didn't think about the fire hydrants, I will get busy today on them.

Our area FD's usually put out notices encouraging residents to do this. The home you save may be your own.

X-man

X-man

Our area FD's usually put out notices encouraging residents to do this. The home you save may be your own.

We legally have to in our trailer park, otherwise we get fined if they come in and find the fire hydrants buried. But regardless of being fined, they should always be cleared of snow. You never know when a fire is about to happen.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I agree about saving my own house. The problem I have is I live in the country and have to get permission to clean the hydrants because they are on my neighbors land. It hard to get in touch with them to do so. I also have the same problem with my mail box but that's a different neighbor who just lets me keep it cleaned out without asking seeing we share the same mail box pole.