Snow blower rough idoling, low RPMs at full throttle. HELP!

Flipper

Member
I have two snow blowers that idle rough and have low RPMs at full throttle. I tried messing with the throttle spring but that didn't help. What should I try now?
 
Last edited:
I've been doing some research online but can't seem to find an exact answer. Let me brake down for you exactly what the blower is doing. I prime the carb and put the throttle in the low idle position. Fires right up and low idles rough. Increase the throttle and RPMs barely increase and is a rough run.
 
Have you cleaned the carb? Is it OHV? Could use an adjustment if nothing else may need a govenor adjustment. Just sounds like something is out of adjustment or its starving for fuel
 
I've clean the carb, adjusted the govner, played with the screw on the side of the carb. I think it's an air/fuel mixture problem but I don't know what to do. Smoke comes out of the exhaust very gray in color. Not an OHV engine. Techumsa 2 stage 5hp.
 
Back
Top