Snapper RER runabout or Geezermobile idea

slumlord

Threads
The hardware store in town has a decent mower repair facility, and they cannibalize some of the old RER snappers to keep the better ones rolling. I scored a pretty decent deck to have an extra one around,and the unit it came from is now pretty much just a frame.
I think it would be fairly easy to take a spare horizontal shaft engine and add a go cart axle and jackshaft to it to make a Geezermobile. The reason I am thinking about this is how easy the RER is to get on and off when you are old and tired.Some of the steam shows around here allow you to ride around the grounds on weird little contraptions, and I think the RER would be a good platform. I already have a spare engine and even a set of nice golf cart wheels with tires
Has anyone done this,or seen it done?

putterman46

Threads
The hardware store in town has a decent mower repair facility, and they cannibalize some of the old RER snappers to keep the better ones rolling. I scored a pretty decent deck to have an extra one around,and the unit it came from is now pretty much just a frame.
I think it would be fairly easy to take a spare horizontal shaft engine and add a go cart axle and jackshaft to it to make a Geezermobile. The reason I am thinking about this is how easy the RER is to get on and off when you are old and tired.Some of the steam shows around here allow you to ride around the grounds on weird little contraptions, and I think the RER would be a good platform. I already have a spare engine and even a set of nice golf cart wheels with tires
Has anyone done this,or seen it done?

The rear engine style riders do what you want. They are easy on and easy off, you can pull a trailer and they are already built.