Snapper lawn mower won't start

Orticke

Forum Newbie
I pulled the cord on my snapper lawn mower an it came all the way out an got stuck. I released it an it pulled but it was very loose an now it won't start. Any suggestion
 
If you need to hold in a lever to start it, it could be that that lever gas gotten unattached. My friend has a mower and you needed to hold in the bar to engage the blades to start it, and since that bar was not working, it wouldn't start. I knew that was why because when I pressed in the bar there was no resistance.
 
The "bar" is usually referred to as the bale.....:wink:

This is connected to the throttle cable, which can get stretched out or the spring gets stretched and might need replacement - all in the handle assemby.

The pull rope not giving resistance should be a pretty straightforward problem to look into. Take off the bonnet and check the pulley assembly.
 
Back
Top