Snapper Hi-Vac WI-185V

rattle

Forum Newbie
I just purchased this Snapper Hi-Vac for 40.00 on C.L. It looks really nice and well taken care of and I'm excited about it. Problem is that I can't get fire to the plug. I know they had a problem with the coils, so I purchased a "new/OLD" coil. That's an original Teledyne coil in the original packaging and never used. I installed it and still don't have a spark. I do have the chute installed so that the safety kill switch is in the "running" position.

Any clues as to what could be causing the problem?

UPDATE! - I got it running and even cut the yard with it. Not sure what the issue was but all of a sudden it began working well.
 
Last edited:
I just purchased this Snapper Hi-Vac for 40.00 on C.L. It looks really nice and well taken care of and I'm excited about it. Problem is that I can't get fire to the plug. I know they had a problem with the coils, so I purchased a "new/OLD" coil. That's an original Teledyne coil in the original packaging and never used. I installed it and still don't have a spark. I do have the chute installed so that the safety kill switch is in the "running" position.

Any clues as to what could be causing the problem?

UPDATE! - I got it running and even cut the yard with it. Not sure what the issue was but all of a sudden it began working well.

HEH! It's against the rules to have a problem and fix it yourself.
Try and do better next time.
 
Back
Top