Snapper help !

Woodwalkertc88

Forum Newbie
I have a snapper I bought in 97. Never any troubles till last year. It mows 15 minutes the. Dies like gas is shut off. Been in the shop twice and they havnt fixed it. The gas cap is ventilating. I am cleaning the carb today but I don't think anything is wrong with it. It's been a great mower and I would live to get it fixed but do t want to throw any more money away at the dealer. It has a Briggs 10 horse. Any ideas where to start next?
 
Don't know what has been done as far as repairs go. The very first thing I would do is replace fuel lines and filter. As I was doing that I would check the fuel tank outlet and vent witch you said was checked. Also the carburetor inlet, needle and seat, float. If this has been done already the next thing would be the coil.
 
Don't know what has been done as far as repairs go. The very first thing I would do is replace fuel lines and filter. As I was doing that I would check the fuel tank outlet and vent witch you said was checked. Also the carburetor inlet, needle and seat, float. If this has been done already the next thing would be the coil.

I Changed filter,fuel lines, ran it with the gas cap off. Same problem. I'm cleaning the carb now with chemtool. I guess I will buy a coil next and try it. Thanks very much!!
 
I Changed filter,fuel lines, ran it with the gas cap off. Same problem. I'm cleaning the carb now with chemtool. I guess I will buy a coil next and try it. Thanks very much!!

Don't forget the gas tank outlet. I have seen problems there also . Check the fuel shut off valve also.
 
I don't know if your mowers has one of the fuel shutoff solenoid on the fuel bowl or not, but if it does it may be going bad and quits working when it gets hot. Also have seen the tip of the solenoid come off and shut off the fuel like you describe, but if you shut the key off the solenoid released and resets the tip back on the plunger. Can be a bear to discover, if you have a solenoid pull gently on the tip and see if it comes off, if so then epoxy it on and retry.
 
Ran for an hour without shutting down. Hopefully it will mow it's 15th summer this year its been a good one. 14 years before any trouble. thanks for the help guys !!
 
Back
Top