Repairs snapper help please

alexgrfc

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi first post here , yesterday i bought this snapper as a non runner ,it has a huge hole in the deck ,i plan to restore this ,but the problem i have is knowing the exact snapper model and engine model for parts, i had it running within half an hour of getting it home ,ive gave the carb a ggod clean out and flushed the tank,it now running firt push of the button of the battery ,problem is if i run it on slow mode it seems to be hunting and missing but on full throttle seems good and powerfull any help much appreciated ,also in the 3rd pic you can see the rod for the choke i cant see where this attaches ive been pulling it manualy to get it to fire up , anyone know anything about these thanks Alex

snapper4_zpsaf12e23c.jpg

snapper3_zpsf70ea6d3.jpg

snapper2_zps8c49aeba.jpg

snapper1_zps74b69866.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please, please have a little patience. Even with the number of year of experience by the members of this forum, you must realize that it does take time by the service techs here to research questions posted. Many of the service tech members have day jobs and don't sit around looking for someone who needs help. The choke rod your are holding goes in a slot on the back of the plate behind your finger. If I have done my research right, the model of your unit is 3311X5S.

alexgrfc

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you very much sir! your a great help ill post my progress as i go ,sorry for being impatient :wink:

bwdbrn1

Threads
The engine is a Briggs and Stratton, so there should be numbers stamped on the engine shroud, maybe right above the spark plug or on the side on the flat surface, that will identify the engine.

The carb may need some additional cleaning, or adjustment, to even out the surge.

alexgrfc

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks i think i need to re adjust the main jet ,had a search but cant find what to set it to ,would i be right in saying all the way in the back 1 and a half turns ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That adjustment for the main jet on the carb bowl sounds about right. There may also be an adjustment screw under the air filter. Some of the carbs have a adjustment screw, some have a fixed jet. If you have a screw with a spring under the head sticking straight up from the carb, under the air filter, then it is adjustable. I think right off the top of my head that screw is set to 1 turn out. but it is adjusted with the engine at idle. Get the engine running smooth at full throttle by adjusting the screw under the fuel bowl, then idle the engine down and adjust the other screw under the air filter, until it idles smooth and that you about do it.

alexgrfc

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi thanks yeah it has a screw under the bowl and one at the top pointing down into the carb ,i got it running a bit smoother but still not quite right , theres still a misfire from time to time ,i dont know if im being fussy but heres a short video on how i had it running today thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxJSib-qoM&noredirect=1

Bigfishyia

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a used Snapper of the same vintage model 3311X5S. The model number I have stamped on my B&S engine are as follows:

Model: 253707
Type: 0206-01
Code: 86022010

I need to do some work on my engine as well. It also surges a bit and the drive system needs some tic I will let you know what I figure out.

Bigfishyia

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have found so far us that one of the axle bearings needs replaced along with the drive wheel assembly. I will see if I can snap a couple of pictures over the weekend.

Where is the best place to order such parts online?