Snapper Carburetor Leak

evo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there, I have a snapper LE1433H ride-on mower with a Briggs and Stratton 14hp ohv engine. Recently the carburetor has been leaking fuel because the fuel does not shut off, so I removed the float and needle, and cleaned the needle seat and checked the float for holes. However this does not seemed to have solved the problem, any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
if your vent is plugged ..it will pour gas out of the main jet till you tank is empty..is this what is happening?

evo

Forum Newbie
Threads
if your vent is plugged ..it will pour gas out of the main jet till you tank is empty..is this what is happening?

thanks for the reply, what do you mean by 'vent'?

Duffer72

Threads
easiest and cheapest way to fix it is to install an inline fuel shut off valve, available at lowes , when done cutting shut the valve off and let it run for a miute and then shut mower off.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
well....your needle and seat may need replacing too....but the vent equalizes pressure in the bowl...it usually exits near the throat of the carb where the air cleaner fits......give us the engine numbers so we can proceed:smile:.they're on the valve cover or head shroud

evo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks you both for your relpy, the engine number I can see is 287707

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
also...cleaning the seat is tricky and delicate....ive seen many people ruin the seats trying to clean them....how did you do yours?

evo

Forum Newbie
Threads
also...cleaning the seat is tricky and delicate....ive seen many people ruin the seats trying to clean them....how did you do yours?

I blew the seat out with a pump and then removed any debris with a cotton bud. just to add, the carb does not leak when the engine is running!:smile:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
where does it leak out of when it does?