snapper 28 deck briggs n stratton 9 hp

ice

Threads
hello all . i am new .

i brought a snapper ridding mower . model number wm280921b . 11482175 . part number 84660..like the one on forrest gump movie . it has a briggis n stratton 9 hp motor,, . that has seized . i need help an advice on how to go about to fix it . i am handy with mower motors. an have lots of tools . thanks

Tinkerer200

Threads
I hope you bought it with the expectation you may have to replace the engine. Only way you will know the extent of the damage is to take it apart. Before you do that though, check that the starter gear is not jammed into the flywheel ring gear AND even remove the flywheel to see if possibly a magnet may have come loose and jammed into the alternator assý.

Most likely the connecting rod is seized to the crankshaft in which case the connecting rod will be ruined and probably the crankshaft although you MIGHT be able to clean up the crankshaft.

IF you would like a service/overhaul manual, contact me at address below, put in proper format and remind me the engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

ice

Threads
thank you tinker :)) yes i brought for only $10.00 dollars :)))
Great tinker ,,thank u ! i needed a starting point .did not know about any of those things you:confused2: pointed out .. / Any tips on removing flywheel? do we have a how to video section here?

briggs and stranton 9.0 hp
model 28b702

type 1154-e1

code 000929zd

Tinkerer200

Threads
I don't know about video section here - I am not big on videos. I did offer to send you a Service Manual. You really should have an inexpensive B&S puller to pull the flywheel without damage OR make your own to utilize the drilled and threaded holes already in the flywheel.

Walt Conner

ice

Threads
thank u tinker

please send to sweetalexsmiles@gmail.com thank you

going to try to work on it tonight . what online store do you go to for your tools and parts?

ice

Threads
well... there is good news and then the plot thickens ...........

i took off the reel for the rope pully.. and yikesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! full of old grass clipings..!!!!!!!! clean it all up good .. and vollaaa. one free spinging mower. lol lol..

and now for the plot.... no spark coming from the spark plug at all.. and yes its a brand nerw plug... any ideas what it might be????

ice

Threads
DSCN0703_zpsmhgxdmr9.jpg

ice

Threads
ooooo noooo !!!!! no compression!!!!!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The No 1 killer of engines is no-low oil
The No 2 killer is overheating due to build up of debris around motor.

You will most likely find one or both valves stuck in the guides.
That engine may be either points or electronic ignition
But to know we will need the engine numbers.

ice

Threads
hi bert . wow !:) australia..!! hows the rugby down under???:)

ok back to the fun.Its a 9hp snapper ridding lawn mower .

model 28b702v

type 1154-e1

code 000929zd

I will have to pull the head off no matter what. so ...where is the best place to order a new head gasket and a magnito for the no spark at the plug ?

hey---???? could the no spark be because of valves being stuck open??????