Small sticks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Those are great rakes... I've used large ones to put up hay and alfalfa...
Check with:
PINESTRAW ESTATE RAKE 6 WHEEL - Agri Supply
These look great.

Then there are
some similar looking, (at a glance) ... but the rakes do not look like they will do near the job... They are called acreage rakes. I think I would pass on them... :smile:KennyV

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
ls ofound this site...
They sell them and all the parts.
They have a video you can watch... I think they left it a bit blurry deliberately... but I am sure it will do the job you are looking for... a quick follow up with your mower would leave all the straggly looking grass cut to leingth...
You can find it and the video at:
Wikco.Com Catalog Of Tools And Equipment
Then scroll down on the left side to : Dethatchers/Soil Conditioners ...
:smile:KennyV

rmancini

Threads
My thanks KennyV.
The more I think about this thing, the more I've got to have one or life as we know it will cease!
It looks like it also dethatches pretty well.
Rich

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like it also dethatches pretty well.
Rich

yes dethatches great...
some grasses will hang on good when raked and for them you may have to quickly re-mow to get everything level after a rake pulls up the occasional hanger. :smile:KennyV

Hershey

Threads
Have you tried doing an internet search to see if someone else is selling it? Sometimes just typing the name in will bring a lot of options.

Otherwise, have you considered disposing of the twigs and such at the same time you mow the lawn instead of collecting them, so to speak?

rmancini

Threads
Have you tried doing an internet search to see if someone else is selling it? Sometimes just typing the name in will bring a lot of options.

I found two very similar (if not exact) models in the Northern Tool catalogue. Unfortunately they are no longer carried.
KennyV provided a link to another distributor. As soon as I recover from Christmas, I plan to order one.
Rich

rmancini

Threads
Those are great rakes... I've used large ones to put up hay and alfalfa...
Check with:
PINESTRAW ESTATE RAKE 6 WHEEL - Agri Supply
These look great.

Then there are
some similar looking, (at a glance) ... but the rakes do not look like they will do near the job... They are called acreage rakes. I think I would pass on them... :smile:KennyV

KennyV- I went ahead and ordered the "Estate Rake" a few minutes ago. My thanks for the link.
Rich

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
KennyV- I went ahead and ordered the "Estate Rake" a few minutes ago. My thanks for the link.
Rich

Great...!
I am ancious to hear how good it is working.. Those 'wheel' type rakes are so handy in larger scale, I have been tempted to get one of the smaller Estate Rakes just because they look so cute...
I am sure you are going to get a lot of good use from it .:smile:KennyV

jenkinsph

Threads
Well, wish I had posted this prior to your ordering, but the Leinbach pine straw rake has worked great for me gathering pine needles, pine cones, small sticks, branches and general debris. Should also help with dethatching to a limited degree. I should note this is a new customer and the lawn grass is thin because of lack of care, the rake is not pulling up the grass.

This one clears a 6 ft path at a time and gathers them too so you don't have the windrows to pickup.
Bought this from EverythingAttachments.com for $289 including shipping. Great people to work with.

rmancini

Threads
Great...!
I am ancious to hear how good it is working.. Those 'wheel' type rakes are so handy in larger scale, I have been tempted to get one of the smaller Estate Rakes just because they look so cute...
I am sure you are going to get a lot of good use from it .:smile:KennyV

Well, the rake arrived a few minutes ago. Some assembly required. As soon as we get some dry weather, the test hop begins. Film at eleven!!:smile:
Rich