Small engine storage

Diesels can be left with a full tank and can be left for a few years and still be fine.......so never run a diesel out of fuel as you will wreck the fuel pump and injector.:eek:
 
...

In todays market you are going to find ethanol in ALL motor fuel, with the exception of aviation and in some places marine gasoline...:smile:KennyV

That's what I object to: not having a choice about whether or not the gasoline I buy has 15% ethanol mixed in.
 
That's what I object to: not having a choice about whether or not the gasoline I buy has 15% ethanol mixed in.

In Australia they have introduced a ethanol mix...........I am keeping away from it.......to many problems.
Best way to increase your Octane is to add 25% Toluene(Methyl Benzene) into you petrol.:eek:
 
In Australia they have introduced a ethanol mix...........I am keeping away from it.......to many problems.
Best way to increase your Octane is to add 25% Toluene(Methyl Benzene) into you petrol.:eek:

On the subject of engine storage, I don't know that adding an octane booster will solve the problem -- or will it?

You mention that you avoid the ethanol mix -- I wish I could buy just straight gasoline without the ethanol but it's not available here, as far as I know.
 
I wish I could buy just straight gasoline without the ethanol but it's not available here, as far as I know.

You can but it's pricey ... Aviation gas...
I use to buy it and blend it when lead was removed from pump gas... It's rather inconvenient, but available.. :smile:KennyV
 
You can but it's pricey ... Aviation gas...
I use to buy it and blend it when lead was removed from pump gas... It's rather inconvenient, but available.. :smile:KennyV

That's interesting. I guess I'd have to go to an airport to buy it. That is good to know - thanks.
 
You can but it's pricey ... Aviation gas...
I use to buy it and blend it when lead was removed from pump gas... It's rather inconvenient, but available.. :smile:KennyV

Aviation fuel is very high Octane in excess of 106RON.(Research Octane Number).
All Unleaded fuel has lead in it.......7grams per litre compared to Leaded Fuel which use to be 40 grams per litre.
Anyhow if you buy a 44 gallon drum of aviation fuel it will last a long time....as long as you store it correctly.:eek:
 
You need to put in your Zip and check the 100 LL fuel... thats low lead BUT do not use this stuff in a 'no lead' street car... although it is labeled LL it is actually very high in lead content... Racers also buy AV gas because it is super high in Lead... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top