Skeeters - help!

Roger

Threads
I am looking for if possible some natural lotions that could be used to keep the sketters at bay. This year seems worse than any other in the past, including the years I was growing up. Its like the entire coast has been taken over by them and now it seems I get minor-med. allergic reactions from them.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Misquotes are one of the things I will go out of my way to KILL... not repel.

Do yourself and everyone else around you a favor ...
Remove any standing water that they hatch in and KILL the ones that have already hatched... KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've tried a bunch of so called natural insect repellants and if they are as bad as you say your going to need deet. I use it sparingly and only spray it on my clothes, allow it to dry, then put on the shirt and gloves, other then that I suggest a bugtamer. I have 5 bugtamers, I use them when bowhunting, If I didn't have a bugtamer at bow season I wouldn't go in the woods. They are not cheap and I only use the jacket. Mil spec BDU pants that are ripstop nylon are great. Mosquitos can not get through them unles they are heavily worn.
Mosquitos are beginning to get credit for more health risks every year. This year it's equine encephalitis. last year it was west nile virus and your starting to hear about malaria again. You need to take precautions if your are going to be where they are. Don't forget about your pets too.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mosquitos are beginning to get credit for more health risks every year. This year it's equine encephalitis.
You need to take precautions if your are going to be where they are. Don't forget about your pets too.

This is why I would rather kill mosquitoes, In 1954 my brother died from 'arboviral encephalitis' ... the source was mosquitoes.... :frown:KennyV

stanley

Threads
I'm sorry for your loss Kenny. If people are adverse to killing mosquitoes, try aloe vera lotion. If you want to kill them, like I do, get a bug zapper and have no standing water anywhere. It works for me so far.