Site navigation issues

jenkinsph

Threads
Curious why the TBN navigation works so much better than the LMF? When I log in to TBN I can select a thread and pick up where I left off, all new responses start up from my last visit. Here on LMF it seems to start with the first post each time. Really irritating to me:thumbdown: But then again I am not paying for it either.:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Curious why the TBN navigation works so much better than the LMF? When I log in to TBN I can select a thread and pick up where I left off, all new responses start up from my last visit. Here on LMF it seems to start with the first post each time. Really irritating to me:thumbdown: But then again I am not paying for it either.:smile:

Well stated, I have noticed that here too, it's not a gripe but when LMF expands it may be more of an issue.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find the complete opposite on TBN.

I just clicked on a thread I've never viewed before. It took me to page 6 reply # 23x. Trying to view several pics on a reply is worse. I click on a pic to view and must remember what #reply it was because it never takes me back to that reply # where the pics I wanted to view are when I click back. Tbn is the only site I belong to that works that way and I don't like it one bit. Whatever convenience they are attempting isn't working for me.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I thought the same .. but then muhammad pointed out the little blue circle to the right of the post subject... if you park your mouse pointer on it it says "Go to first new post".
This works great along with the "today's Posts" in the tool bar under the site name... :smile:KennyV

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find the complete opposite on TBN.

I just clicked on a thread I've never viewed before. It took me to page 6 reply # 23x. Trying to view several pics on a reply is worse. I click on a pic to view and must remember what #reply it was because it never takes me back to that reply # where the pics I wanted to view are when I click back. Tbn is the only site I belong to that works that way and I don't like it one bit. Whatever convenience they are attempting isn't working for me.

You are right about pictures on TBN ... when you go to a picture there and return you usually end up at the top of the page that the picture was on... a bit bothersome but not a big problem... :smile:KennyV

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are right about pictures on TBN ... when you go to a picture there and return you usually end up at the top of the page that the picture was on... a bit bothersome but not a big problem... :smile:KennyV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're right if there is only one or two pics. But when there are 6 or 8 pics and I'd like to see them all it gets rather irritating to me. I just don't see any purpose for it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Site navigation is set by the Administrator of the forum through his Admin Panel. He generally has at least four options available and with some boards more. The first is the default which is how the forum works when first set up. The second would be to return you to The forum index, then a Portel or an Html Page. It depends on how the admin has it set up and how he wants the forum to work.

jenkinsph

Threads
An example, finished reading the new postings on this thread, want to go back to the index for " Site Discussion" if you click the quick navigation bar, Site Discussions you must scroll down the long list to locate it and click again. On TBN I would click this once and be right back to the index to select another thread.

To navigate this site I have to scroll up to the top Forums- Member Forums- Site Discussion- Site navigation issues- Reply to Thread and select Site Discussions to continue or select Forums to go back to the initial listing. PITA:frown:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you used the "Todays Posts" in the tool bar at the top of the page?
Works very well and it covers all the various discussions and the ones you have not looked at since your last visit will be in bold... It is actually in the line above Site Discussion... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
An example, finished reading the new postings on this thread, want to go back to the index for " Site Discussion" if you click the quick navigation bar, Site Discussions you must scroll down the long list to locate it and click again. On TBN I would click this once and be right back to the index to select another thread.

To navigate this site I have to scroll up to the top Forums- Member Forums- Site Discussion- Site navigation issues- Reply to Thread and select Site Discussions to continue or select Forums to go back to the initial listing. PITA:frown:

I agree with what you are saying, it is a PITA but you have to remember that you are using a simple Bulletin Board much like ProBoards and as such it has its limitations.
For example the Admin here has a section in the members forums for FAQ by its members and that's fine, nothing wrong with that but on a more advanced BB the FAQ section located in the Navigation bar and deals with questions about operation of the forum and open to all its members and you could be using it too answer some of the question you're asking about here.
Most of things that are talked about here or that people have questions about are dealt with very differently on other boards or forums.

Last edited: