Repairs Simplicity Regent 14HP Hydro Safety Switches

Pachoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Simplicity Regent 14HP Hydro Model 1692593. In normal operation I have been able to shut off PTO operation, set the brake with the foot pedal and lock, and then leave the seat while the engine is still operating. Now, I can start tractor while sitting, but when i turn of the PTO and set the brake the engine cuts off when i leave the seat. I replaced the seat switch and connector but the problem continues. Looking that the electrical schematics I cannot see another switch that would be connected to the foot brake or the PTO switch to prevent operation. PTO does work fine in terms of operation. Its an annoying problem to not be able to leave the engine running as my battery has had trouble maintaining charge and i would like to address this issue before the battery. I hope someone can assist. Thank you, Rick

Cody.H

Threads
Did you have the blades on or did you have the hydro engaged? These could be one of the problems. Make sure to turn them off.

Pachoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, as I said i have the PTO off so blades not engaged. I have had the tractor for years so its operation is pretty clear. I wondered if the PTO switch could be involved but the problem happens when the PTO is off anyway.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Pachoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your advice. The brake pedal al seemed mechanical to me and i didn't see any electrical connections. I see the parts you refer to on the diagrams 16 and 17 marked as pedal N.C. and N.O. I had guessed they were forward and backward controls. I will have a look soon. Many thanks