Simplicity Rear Engine Freak

thstearns

Threads
Hi guys---I'm thstearns, a southern NH-based self employed engineer with two elderly Simplicity riders--a 3110 Cavalier and a 1691198 SunRunner. My lawn is rough and has a lot of side hills that force me to mow along contour lines with a lot of regard for the dynamics ie no stopping on the hillsides, no sudden turns etc.

Cavalier has been doing the job for at least 10 years and is a jewel. Cuts very levely and is very agile. It's old and worn thoroughly loose but has a strong heart and wants to do the job. The sidehills force me well out of the saddle to keep it from rolling over which means no safety interlock in the seat. Hope it never gets away from me....

The Sunrunner is a recent acquisition that is putting me severely to the test. Doesn't willingly leave the grass long enough and likes to shed the drive chain. It is also a beast to learn to run since it's almost zero-turn and rear steering. You do NOT put this animal into a tight turn at mowing speed! I will tame this critter but it is a struggle!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Simplicity made some Great RER mowers... Sounds as if you have a couple to enjoy...
Chain drives need to have sprockets in line with good solid mounted shafts... a loose flange bearing will cause chains to jump off....
Happy mowing & keep them right side up. :smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Simplicity Forum. :smile: