Simplicity Landlord wiring harness

spritnsky

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a Simplicity Landlord Main Wiring Harness in good shape. Simplicity no longer stocks this Item....If anyone knows someone or business that has one. Please let me know. I have tried partstree.com and a few others.... Thanks.

spritnsky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mark, Thanks but the landlord dlx is not the same harness ...have tried one like it. still doesn't work. Does anyone know of any Good used Landlords? My model number is 1692006 . When I hooked up another wiring harness that I thought would work. It would turn the engine over when I pushed on the lift button to raise the mower.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why do you think you need a new harness?

spritnsky

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have replaced switches, and the wiring harness is what kills the engine when I move it or when I would use the lift. Might be something else..but everything points to the harness. when It started...I was mowing and it just died. like it would if you got off the seat and the safety switch would kill the motor. That is what I first thought it was.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like a Briggs Vanguard twin, look at a bunch of corrosion where the coils ground on the block, they had trouble there. If this engine was started, and all of the
electrical hookups were disconnected, unless it had a solenoid on the carb, the engine would keep running until it ran out of gas, or locked up.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
What shuts the engine off when you turn the key "off" is the ignition coils get "grounded" out, but the coils also need to be grounded to the block to run correctly.

So that would make the tractor real "squirrelly" as well. Dig out your od harness, and see what is up...

spritnsky

Forum Newbie
Threads
The engine always shut off when I turned the key off. when it was running. what it would do is just die.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just don't understand how anyone can fix a electrical problem without a wiring diagram??? I am seeing it all time on this forum. Any mower salvage yards around where you live, they might have a harness.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, when you turn the key off, it grounds the coils{stops the engine}, and also cuts power to the carb solenoid {if you have one}, but if that was what is happening, the engine would run a second or two before dying.