Simplicity Citation 61...two questions about purchase

olderbudweiser

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity Citation 61...two questions about purchase
I've finally decided to get rid of the JD lawn tractor and get something with some zip to mow my 3 acres of lawn. I'm interested in the Citation 61" but I'm a novice about ZTs. The dealer's got a new 2012 on the showroom floor and said he'd give it to me for $6800...is that in the range of a fair price? I just want to know if it's reasonable; I'm not looking for the lowest price out there. I also wondered whether it makes sense to buy the 2012 model or get a 2013...does it make any difference? Thanks.
Vic

Threads
I've finally decided to get rid of the JD lawn tractor and get something with some zip to mow my 3 acres of lawn. I'm interested in the Citation 61" but I'm a novice about ZTs. The dealer's got a new 2012 on the showroom floor and said he'd give it to me for $6800...is that in the range of a fair price? I just want to know if it's reasonable; I'm not looking for the lowest price out there. I also wondered whether it makes sense to buy the 2012 model or get a 2013...does it make any difference? Thanks.
Vic

Welcome to LawnMowerForum!
Yes that is a fair price. Buying a 2012 IS smart because it is often a lot cheaper than a 2013 with not much difference (if any) in features. :thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Vic

olderbudweiser,
user LMF gave you some solid advice there.....and speaking fom experience, the 2012 Gravely I bought in September had a $300 price increase for 2013 and I saved approx. $1,300(out-the-door) compared to the MSRP(plus tax) for the same identical mower for 2013.

P.S.
I went to the Simplicity website and it shows the Citation XT in a 61" to be "Starting at $6,669"......that doesn't sound like the dealer offered a huge discount(and that's assuming the website is 2013 model prices...or they didn't change....and that the $6,800 was "out-the-door"). If I were you I would counter-offer $6,500(OTD) and see how the dealer reacts to your offer.
P.S.S.
My auto mechanic(and his son) own Simplicity ZTR's and they talk very highly of those machines!!

olderbudweiser

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the feedback LMF!

Welcome to LawnMowerForum!
Yes that is a fair price. Buying a 2012 IS smart because it is often a lot cheaper than a 2013 with not much difference (if any) in features. :thumbsup:

olderbudweiser

Forum Newbie
Threads
Djdicetn,

The $6,800 is not out the door; delivery but not sales tax included. I saw that $6,699 also; it had some qualifiers but the only one that made sense was the setup. In any event, I will definitely ask some questions. You're right; his price doesn't look that good after all. Thank you.

Vic

olderbudweiser,
user LMF gave you some solid advice there.....and speaking fom experience, the 2012 Gravely I bought in September had a $300 price increase for 2013 and I saved approx. $1,300(out-the-door) compared to the MSRP(plus tax) for the same identical mower for 2013.

P.S.
I went to the Simplicity website and it shows the Citation XT in a 61" to be "Starting at $6,669"......that doesn't sound like the dealer offered a huge discount(and that's assuming the website is 2013 model prices...or they didn't change....and that the $6,800 was "out-the-door"). If I were you I would counter-offer $6,500(OTD) and see how the dealer reacts to your offer.
P.S.S.
My auto mechanic(and his son) own Simplicity ZTR's and they talk very highly of those machines!!