Simplicity Champion 2652 Zero Turn

ncridgerunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found a Zero Turn Champion with a B&S 26 hp Professional Series and 52" deck for sale from an elderly couple who moved into a condo and no longer needed it. The mower has been used 2 seasons and has 190 hours. The machine is clean, well maintained, and runs out very well. They had the paper work showing they paid over $5000 for the machine. Not being familiar with the Simplicity models I hope $2,500 is a fair price and that this model is dependable. I wanted a larger deck to replace my current 42" mower and the Simplicity appears to be well built.

Are any service/workshop manuals available online? Any potential problems or areas of concern with this model?

Thanks in advance for any comments, advice, or assistance.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found a Zero Turn Champion with a B&S 26 hp Professional Series and 52" deck for sale from an elderly couple who moved into a condo and no longer needed it. The mower has been used 2 seasons and has 190 hours. The machine is clean, well maintained, and runs out very well. They had the paper work showing they paid over $5000 for the machine. Not being familiar with the Simplicity models I hope $2,500 is a fair price and that this model is dependable. I wanted a larger deck to replace my current 42" mower and the Simplicity appears to be well built.

Are any service/workshop manuals available online? Any potential problems or areas of concern with this model?

Thanks in advance for any comments, advice, or assistance.

The champion is one of the heavier built ztr mowers in simplicity's line. That is a very good price for that mower. Especially with low hours and well maintained. They are very similar to ferris and snapper pro mowers (they are all owned by b&s). You should be able to get parts and assistance from a dealer nearby who handles any of those brands.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

ncridgerunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Shughes and mechanic mark. Hopefully this machine will give years of good service. I will look into the manual for the motor when I get a chance later today.

One thing the previous owner told me I had never heard before was that the dealer told him to blow grass off the mower and avoid spraying water because water would puddle on the top of the deck and in other places and cause corrosion. I have always rinsed my mowers off regularly but it kinda makes sense. Guess I will use compressed air to blow the water off after rinsing from now on.

Been searching the forum, without success, to see if any of the locally available spray paints would match up with the deep orange color (1685611) for touch up. Anyone found a good match with krylon, rustoleum, or duplicolor? I know the orange for my Kubota tractor is hard to match but I did find some at Tractor Supply that matches and was hoping to find some that is easily obtainable locally for the Simplicity.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Shughes and mechanic mark. Hopefully this machine will give years of good service. I will look into the manual for the motor when I get a chance later today.

One thing the previous owner told me I had never heard before was that the dealer told him to blow grass off the mower and avoid spraying water because water would puddle on the top of the deck and in other places and cause corrosion. I have always rinsed my mowers off regularly but it kinda makes sense. Guess I will use compressed air to blow the water off after rinsing from now on.

Been searching the forum, without success, to see if any of the locally available spray paints would match up with the deep orange color (1685611) for touch up. Anyone found a good match with krylon, rustoleum, or duplicolor? I know the orange for my Kubota tractor is hard to match but I did find some at Tractor Supply that matches and was hoping to find some that is easily obtainable locally for the Simplicity.

Using water on mower is not advised, probable damage to electrical components, use a leaf blower.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

I received a pm concerning the hours on the machine you are looking at ncridgerunner. Ric brought it to my attention that the mower has 190 hours on it and the elderly couple only had it two years. That's a lot of hours for a home owner to put on a mower for only two seasons. The mower is still low hours, and I don't think the deal is a bad one. It just makes one wonder how many acres they were cutting with that mower. I do also wonder if the mower is the champion, or the champion xt. If it is the champion and not the xt you may want to offer $2000 and see if they will take it. I should have asked that question earlier. $2500 is still not a bad deal if they won't come down.

ncridgerunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I received a pm concerning the hours on the machine you are looking at ncridgerunner. Ric brought it to my attention that the mower has 190 hours on it and the elderly couple only had it two years. That's a lot of hours for a home owner to put on a mower for only two seasons. The mower is still low hours, and I don't think the deal is a bad one. It just makes one wonder how many acres they were cutting with that mower. I do also wonder if the mower is the champion, or the champion xt. If it is the champion and not the xt you may want to offer $2000 and see if they will take it. I should have asked that question earlier. $2500 is still not a bad deal if they won't come down.

The machine is not the xt and the receipts show they have had it 4 years... but according to the owner he only used it for two seasons prior to suffering a major heart attack. He also stated that since that time the mower has been stored at his brother-in-law's home where it was used occasionally to keep it running. Of course it is impossible to verify much other than it was located at his BIL's home and the number of hours on the meter. I have not bought used lawn mowers before but have bought, reconditioned, and sold several cars and tractors over the years and from the condition am sure this machine has not been abused. It is hard to be absolutely sure about the engine but it starts good, sounds good, the oil had no foam or noticeable contaminants, smelled normal, the exhaust smelled normal, there was no oil blowing through, and the area around the air cleaner was clean.

The owner was absolutely firm with the price.

As with anything in life there are no guarantees but I felt confident enough to pull the trigger. This is my first Simplicity product and I guess time will tell if it meets my needs.

Thanks for the replies!

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The machine is not the xt and the receipts show they have had it 4 years... but according to the owner he only used it for two seasons prior to suffering a major heart attack. He also stated that since that time the mower has been stored at his brother-in-law's home where it was used occasionally to keep it running. Of course it is impossible to verify much other than it was located at his BIL's home and the number of hours on the meter. I have not bought used lawn mowers before but have bought, reconditioned, and sold several cars and tractors over the years and from the condition am sure this machine has not been abused. It is hard to be absolutely sure about the engine but it starts good, sounds good, the oil had no foam or noticeable contaminants, smelled normal, the exhaust smelled normal, there was no oil blowing through, and the area around the air cleaner was clean.

The owner was absolutely firm with the price.

As with anything in life there are no guarantees but I felt confident enough to pull the trigger. This is my first Simplicity product and I guess time will tell if it meets my needs.

Thanks for the replies!

Sounds as though you kicked the tires pretty well before your purchase. I hope it lasts you many years.