Simplicity 38" Mower Deck 1694036 Internal baffle?

Rliggett87

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity 38" Mower Deck 1694036 Internal baffle?
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and hope everyone is doing well! I have a simplicity mower with a 38" deck that I bought when I bought my house 6 months ago, I have been fixing it up and found out the metal baffle on the under side of the deck is all bent up. I cannot find it on any of the parts diagrams so I'm curious if anyone has ever run across this. The picture shows after i bent it back in place to try and figure out what piece I need. Its the inner metal piece on the left side (larger blade) towards the top. Any help will be greatly appreciated! The mower deck model# is 1694036, thanks in advance!

IMG_0856.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Simplicity 38" Mower Deck 1694036 Internal baffle?
Your best bet would be to fabricate one yourself or find someone who does sheet metal work. Would be much cheaper that trying to find one. Also, looking at the picture the blades need to be replaced. I doubt they will do a good job.

Catenary Kid

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ditto what Rivets said, that piece will be easy for anyone with any sheet metal competence to reproduce. Just make sure you prime then finish it with a good epoxy paint. FYI: in case you didn't know, the brainiacs at Briggs & Stratton decided, in their infinite wisdom to discontinue Simplicity, Snapper and one other line in ther entirety. So, even if you found the part number, you likely won't be able to find the part. I have been waiting for over 6 months for a roller for my 54" Regency deck. Good Luck!