Silver Eagle.. Reverse is OK but forward is not good at all.

Carl2615

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Silver Eagle.. Reverse is OK but forward is not good at all.
Hi,
I recently purchased a 2006 DC Silver Eagle that has been out of service for a few years. Well I got it home and started by taking some of it apart and making a needed parts list. I purchased new front wheel bearings, deck rollers, new belts and new Hydro filters along with Lucus 15w40 oil. To my surprise I got the kohler engine mounted properly and running. The engine sounds strong and runs very well. All of the other parts went OK. Still a couple of issues like leaking gas tank grommets and so on.

Now, here is my problem. The Silver Eagle runs well in reverse but when I try a go forward, it does but it chatters and bucks making the steering not so controlable. to make it simple, I have no Velvet Touch. With some reading on the forum, I have loosened the two hydro filters and the oil does run out showing that they are full. I did not fill the filters before installing them. I hope that I did not hurt the pumps by not knowing. I would appreciate any input that someone would have for me. As I near completion, I'm hopeful that any other issues will be small.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Silver Eagle.. Reverse is OK but forward is not good at all.
Dixie Chopper uses Hydro Gear ... They have a great trouble shooting section for all their drives... check their site: Hydro-Gear - Learning Center
:smile:KennyV