Silver eagle 2750 with Generac problem, where should i post?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Silver eagle 2750 with Generac problem, where should i post?
That thing has a crazy fuel system on it. Dual fuel tanks with one valve check valve type fuel caps. Vapor lines from the two tanks to a expansion tank, On the tank is a rollover valve, and then there is a anti backfire valve in the line between the tank and the carb inlet. if any of that system gets clogged it will cause either fuel tank pressure issues, or vacuum issues with the tanks. The rollover valve and the anti backfire valve may be one way valves since the fuel caps may be the anti vacuum valves for the tanks. You may not be able to blow through the valves you may have to put a vacuum on then to check operation.

I would also do the check that Fish mentioned because it could be a ignition module issue also.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And the reason for Fishes post is each plug is an independent system.
So one side can be working & one side not working
But when together the non function side can prevent them both from working.
I like to pull the kill wires of each coil because they can cause interfearance .
Some had a diode in the loom to stop this & others latter put the diode inside the coil.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The mower will run on 1 cylinder, but like real crap. And will run real bad or die when the blades are engaged. It will tell you a bunch, before you start spending money, and the test costs nothing.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also could be a valve train problem too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
As said can be coil or spark plug. The last Generac on a Dixie Chopper that I repaired is was simply a coil's plug terminal that had rusted. causing lost of spark under load. The engine ran fairly good except couldn't achieve full rpms.

tds73

Forum Newbie
Threads
That all makes sense to me now. Hopefully I will be able to do some testing tonight. Thanks to all for the replies.

tds73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Put it back together and try the simple spark plug test. Pull off one of the spark plug wires and try to start the engine.
Then replace it, and pull the wire off on the other side. See if it starts on both sides, on either, or none.

I did what you told me. Started on both sides. Both ran similar, one side was not stronger or smoother than the other.
Would that change possibly once it was warmed up good? if not, what would you suggest next? Check float as Rivets stated?