Siga Park Pro - electical problem

lastmuppet

Forum Newbie
has anyone had experience of magnetic clutch problems. The switch to operate the clutch has a permanent earth on it - I have tried isolating the wiring loom but it still has earth going to clutch coil. If anyone knows of an auto electrican in the south wales area that could have a look at it Any assistance would be very appreciated.
 
has anyone had experience of magnetic clutch problems. The switch to operate the clutch has a permanent earth on it - I have tried isolating the wiring loom but it still has earth going to clutch coil. If anyone knows of an auto electrican in the south wales area that could have a look at it Any assistance would be very appreciated.

When you say "earth" do you mean (negative) side of the battery, if so that is right, do you have a problem with the clutch..?
 
When you say "earth" do you mean (negative) side of the battery, if so that is right, do you have a problem with the clutch..?


Engineman - the switch that operates the clutch has a light on it that should come on when the switch is operated to engage the clutch and goes off when the switch is operated to disengage the clutch (its a toggle switch) at the mo the light is permanently on doesnt matter what i do the switch light stays on, the clutch does not attempt to engage.
 
I would say the switch is bad and needs to be replaced.

I have now finally disconnected the wires from the clutch. I get a -ve on one side of the contacts on the clutch nothing on the other.

I had previously replaced the switch with one of the others but still the same fault symptoms ??????
 
I have now finally disconnected the wires from the clutch. I get a -ve on one side of the contacts on the clutch nothing on the other.

I had previously replaced the switch with one of the others but still the same fault symptoms ??????

You seem to have power going into the switch because you say the light is on all the time, can you check to see if there is power coming out of the switch, then reconnect the switch and without reconnecting the clutch itself see if there is power at the connector (clutch connector), if you have power to/and from the switch but none or low at the clutch connector, check all the interlock switches.
Is the switch a DPDT (double pole-double throw)
 
Back
Top