Side Project w/questions.

Wildcat

Threads
I have to to admit, I'm horrible at taken before pictures but at least I take after photos.

WP_20140706_003.jpg

Since this is a commercial job and owner is on a budget, I took this job as a solo project. It isn't really much to do. I had to remove those evergreen type bushes that grow on the ground (next to the red bush there is more) along with trimming some overgrown grass that was showing in the cracks. Since I am am just about done (depends on if Edward Jones want the remaining cleaned up/out) I was wondering what kind of weed and grass killer to use. I don't use this stuff so I'm not that informed on what is better. I also want to know that once the weed/grass killer is sprayed, what is the wait time (if any) for something to be planted. I don't want to have a 'barren' area that is unusable anymore since this is a commercial area.

Thanks in advance.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Round up power pro max, follow the mixing instructions carefully for what you are doing and you should be fine. I'd bid it for total redo if I was you those bushes don't root to deep and you can save time and make more $ by buying discount shrubs, perinials, ect to put back in mulch is cheap you'll stay in their budget and be a hero. It looks nice but feel like you maybe worked to hard fixing that overgrown wax bush.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Round up power pro max, follow the mixing instructions carefully for what you are doing and you should be fine. I'd bid it for total redo if I was you those bushes don't root to deep and you can save time and make more $ by buying discount shrubs, perinials, ect to put back in mulch is cheap you'll stay in their budget and be a hero. It looks nice but feel like you maybe worked to hard fixing that overgrown wax bush.

Honestly I agree here. I could probably redo that whole area and bid for $600 40 for mulch probably 50 for plants 50 to kill grass labor and overhead

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Honestly I agree here. I could probably redo that whole area and bid for $600 40 for mulch probably 50 for plants 50 to kill grass labor and overhead

Your hired I'd charge $2,500 to $3,000 to redo it. I'd bring in a few boulders, and some pre shaped bushes maybe some ornamental grasses mulch and call it a good morning

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
:) I dislike working with large decorative boulders... Did one job once customer and I were there while they placed the rocks she was happy. I finished the bark, shrubs, and ornamental grasses and she wanted them moved. I called the placing company they wanted to charge like 600 to come put and move it. I gave her the bid and she said no it was in the original contract and is my responsibility... Roar. Ended up pounding in a giant eye hook on rock spike and using my Titan to drag the 3000 sucker where she wanted it. Haven't worked for her again.

I like working cheaper than most for me 500 profit is perfect. Others 2500 is perfect but I bet the customer will be happier paying the 600 plus I would not cheese them like other lowballers :)

Wildcat

Threads

I didn't work to hard, maybe an hour tops to include the time I had to go back and pull the weeds up by hand. It seemed that they didn't want weed/grass killer in the gravel beds. They were happy with the end result so I was happy as well. They also didn't want to spend any money on any new plants. They just wanted the beds cleaned up/out and that was it. I just wish Edward Jones would let me clean that back side since they have the 'right' over it. I guess I can try again next week.

And thanks everyone for the info on the week/grass killer. I think I will go out and buy some so I can have some on hand in the truck.