Should I Repaint this Mower?

primerbulb120

Threads
I can't decide whether or not to repaint this mower. Most of the paint is fine, but it has several rust spots. I would like your opinions on it. :thumbsup: A full introduction to the mower is located in this thread.

redmondjp

Threads
Based solely upon the pictures that you have posted, I would say not to worry about it. What does it look like underneath, now that is the $150 question? It could be 95% rusted-through in spots, from the underside. No amount of new paint on the topside will fix that.

If it's solid underneath and you are trying to maximize its curb appeal for resale, then I'd say go ahead and paint it. But if you plan on keeping it to use, why bother? The topside rust is superficial and unlikely to spread unless you leave it out in the rain all winter or are in a coastal area with salty air.

primerbulb120

Threads
The underside is in good condition, and I am going to sell the mower. If I can find paint that matches the existing paint, I will definitely sand the rust spots and repaint them. Currently I'm not sure if the engine is using oil or not. If it is, I'll sell it as is, advertising it as a "beater mower." If the engine is good, I will definitely do something about the paint.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Paint is cheap why not paint it.