short simple and to the point! Echo pas worth it?

samoset

Threads
  • / short simple and to the point! Echo pas worth it?
I need trimmer,hedger and light duty blower!
is this equip worth the $ ?

Cuttinup

Threads
samoset said:
I need trimmer,hedger and light duty blower!
is this equip worth the $ ?

I have always used Echo and I think they are great for the money and stand up to commercial use.

Shedmechanic

Threads
I don't own Echo, but have used their machines and in my years of fixing engines I have only worked on one....and that was due to owner error. They are great products and a good value. I wouldn't hesitate buying them.

samoset

Threads
Thanks for the vote of confidence on echo motors! im very interested if anyone has used the pas system with the multiple attachments. If there quality is as good as the standalone units?

benski

Threads
Thanks for the vote of confidence on echo motors! im very interested if anyone has used the pas system with the multiple attachments. If there quality is as good as the standalone units?

In a word, Yes.

samoset

Threads
Well I purchased the pas-230 unit a little more powerful than the 225 and a full two pounds lighter than the 266.

I'm highly contemplating getting the hedger attachment. So weight was the reason I chose the lighter 230 2lbs does not seem like a lot until you've been doing for five hours straight!

I bought the straight shaft trimmer with bump head aswell. I had to re wind the factor string once whil trimming! No biggy kinda expected to have to.

Trimmer started for the first time fairly easily! I let idle for a bit before really getting on it. Then I did some lite trimming around the property! Didn't want to break my investment in to roughly!

So far I think ill be satisfied with my purchase.I will probably be getting the brush cutter attachment with in the month!

I'll post a little more in-depth review in near future!

Last edited:

samoset

Threads
echo pas blower head vs pollen! echo wins!

Purchased the blower head for my pas 230 yesterday due to overwhelming pollen accumulation! I have a screend porch that was saturated in a yellow coating and a back deck! Blower made quick work of both! Dusty work but quick work i am pleased!

Will give a better review of blower head once I've had more use with it!

But my initial impression having used stand alone blower units is that! For a home owner its worth its Weight in gold!