Short life

Gator325

Threads
Purchased riding mower in 2015. 42" Pony with 420cc ohv engine. All was good for 4 years then it quit running. Shop replaced one of the lifters that had cracked and bent. Less than a month later the other cracked and bent. Shop mechanic (in business over 20 years) said the Chinese made Powermore engines are made of inferior steel. Last week a loud bang and the motor locked up. The cause was the flywheel magnet had impacted the spark coil, stopping the flywheel dead, shearing the flywheel key. On further inspection the crankshaft was also dug out and rounded. Like it was softer steel than the flywheel key. A new key has a lot of play, so much so that when I started it up again, it started to run, backfired and died. The new key had not held as the key slot in the crankshaft was now to hollowed out to support it. My next riding mower will be American made.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When a flywheel spins on the crank, they nearly always raise a burr on one ot both parts.
This burr prevents the fly wheel & crank shaft from sealing on the taper so they need to be filed off before the 2 parts go back together.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did the magnet impact the coil because the ignition module came loose,or did the magnet come loose from the flywheel. The only time I have seen this happen is when the top crankshaft bearing wears allowing free movement of the crank and it in turn pulls toward the module until it makes contact. So I would try to move the crankshaft/flywheel around and see if it has slop in it.