Shinidiawa BP leaf blower (EB630) runs rough

TommyCee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the Shindiawa back pack leaf blower (EB630) which was given to me b/c it ran rough (or not at all) for the original owner. I got it to run and it ran great for several days. Then I parked it for a couple weeks.

I just tried to start it today and it ran for about 2 minutes then died. I then noticed that it only ran intermittently when I used the choke. When the choke was taken off, it ran for a second or so, then tried to die. Back on w/ the choke it and it recovered but then began to run a bit rough, so off with the choke and same thing, over an over.

The fuel is a fresh mix. It sounds like it's having trouble getting a reliable fuel supply to the carb.

Has anyone experienced this symptom w/ the Shindiawa BP blower and if so, what is the most likely problem?

Cracked full line? Or does it sound like a carb. bebuild is the only resort. :frown:

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may also want to pull the spark arrestor and clean it. It will keep it from running or make it run rough.

Last edited:

TommyCee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mechanic Mark: I've checked the plug; it's OK. I have that manual. Thanks.
Ric: I may play w/ the spark arrestor. I have read other places that some have even removed the inner mesh, which creates an improvement in performance (engine runs better).

TommyCee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now I'm gonna really freak everyone out:

In a spirit of optimism, I just went out and set said blower on my pickup tailgate. I depressed the fuel primer on the bottom of the carb a couple times (I don't usually do this) and pulled the cord w/ choke on. In 2-3 pulls, it started up and I took off the choke. It ran like a bat out o' hell for several minutes 'til I shut 'er down.

I wonder what this tells us ? :confused2:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now I'm gonna really freak everyone out:

In a spirit of optimism, I just went out and set said blower on my pickup tailgate. I depressed the fuel primer on the bottom of the carb a couple times (I don't usually do this) and pulled the cord w/ choke on. In 2-3 pulls, it started up and I took off the choke. It ran like a bat out o' hell for several minutes 'til I shut 'er down.

I wonder what this tells us ? :confused2:

That there was something in the carb that was either blocked or dry

TommyCee

Forum Newbie
Threads
That there was something in the carb that was either blocked or dry

Maybe so. And I also think it tells us that the fuel lines are OK. Some day, when I can find some time, I may break down and remove the carb. and dissect it - clean out all the orifices and give a good inspection. :wink:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe so. And I also think it tells us that the fuel lines are OK. Some day, when I can find some time, I may break down and remove the carb. and dissect it - clean out all the orifices and give a good inspection. :wink:

Going to be honest Here my personal experience says it's much easier to replace the carb than to try and clean two cycle carbs. Just seems like I clean it but can't get it all the way clean and two weeks later same stuff happens again now I'm spending way to much time on it

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I always just replace the carb.

TommyCee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Duly noted - points taken exotion & Carscw. I understand that attitude, though sometimes I run into a situation where a replacement carb. is unavailable.