Shindiawa back pack blowers

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I went into my local dealer today to purchase a backpack blower. This is the oldest dealer in our part of the country that sells handheld lawn and garden equipt. They sell Stihl, Huskvarna, and Shindiawa. When I told him what I was hunting he immediately went to Shindiawa. He said that it was hands down the better machine.

There was a guy on there as well that I have known for years that is in the lawn service business as well. He said the same thing.

I have been partial to Stihl but I decided to listen to them and bought the Shindiawa.

MRCo.

Threads
You did the right thing, the BR600 has nothing on a Shindaiwa or Redmax. I'm talking performance and quality / maintenance / lifespan. We have the BR in the repair shop all the time, coils, valves, carbs...always something. In the 6 1/2 years I've been n this business I have not yet done service work on ANY of the Redmax blowers I've sold! I hope you like it.

LoCo86

Threads
You did the right thing, the BR600 has nothing on a Shindaiwa or Redmax. I'm talking performance and quality / maintenance / lifespan. We have the BR in the repair shop all the time, coils, valves, carbs...always something. In the 6 1/2 years I've been n this business I have not yet done service work on ANY of the Redmax blowers I've sold! I hope you like it.

You must have bought a lemon blower. I've run Stihl products for over 12 years and have never had them in the shop for any major repairs. All I have replaced is a carburetor on one of my blowers after six seasons of use. Other than basic maintenance [ annual spark plug and filter changes ] all of them run great. I'm not sure how long you had your Red Max blowers, but it must have been just threw the 1 or 2 year commercial warranty period before you sold them. You keep anything long enough and use it daily it's going to have its issues.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You must have bought a lemon blower. I've run Stihl products for over 12 years and have never had them in the shop for any major repairs. All I have replaced is a carburetor on one of my blowers after six seasons of use. Other than basic maintenance [ annual spark plug and filter changes ] all of them run great. I'm not sure how long you had your Red Max blowers, but it must have been just threw the 1 or 2 year commercial warranty period before you sold them. You keep anything long enough and use it daily it's going to have its issues.

I agree, Same here. I Have and run three different Stihl Blowers for the last eight years and have never had an issue with any and they've never seen a repair shop. Have eight other hand held units all types, all Stihl and never had any issues. The Shindiawa is owned and made by Echo it's nothing more than an Echo with a different cover. The reason the the sales guy immediately went to Shindiawa is because they make more money off it than the Stihl because of the mark up in price.

MRCo.

Threads
I didnt buy one, my repair shop works on them. We have had a number of them with major failures, chronic issues, etc. I have a Kubota trachoe that's the worst machine I ever used but other people have no issues. I'm stating personal experience, and as a repair shop, I have a dragnet that someone who owns one machine doesn't to see issues.

tybilly

Threads
I agree, Same here. I Have and run three different Stihl Blowers for the last eight years and have never had an issue with any and they've never seen a repair shop. Have eight other hand held units all types, all Stihl and never had any issues. The Shindiawa is owned and made by Echo it's nothing more than an Echo with a different cover. The reason the the sales guy immediately went to Shindiawa is because they make more money off it than the Stihl because of the mark up in price.
shinddiawa would have the koritz then?,also didn't Redmax yrs ago brag about a tank full of gas in one of their trimmers should last like 12 or some weird number of hrs of continuous use? never heard anything bad about redmax,

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
shinddiawa would have the koritz then?,also didn't Redmax yrs ago brag about a tank full of gas in one of their trimmers should last like 12 or some weird number of hrs of continuous use? never heard anything bad about redmax,

Yeah, Kioritz, Shindiawa and Echo are all owned by the Yamabiko group out of Japan. Shindiawa and Echo are made in the same plant here in the USA.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
This dealer has been a dealer for many years. He said that the newest Stihls were not what he would recommend. He said he would gladly sell me anything I wanted. However he reccomended Shindiawa hands down on new equipment. I now see a lot of local people here running Shindiawa. I talked to a guy yesterday who I would say is one of the larger operators in our area who said he had been running Shindiawa stuff for years and it was ag good as it gets.

I have been buying Stihl equipment lately. I have two sets of Stihl hedge trimmers and a Stihl, string trimmer as well as a Stihl chainsaw.

I am going to have to buy at least one more string trimmer this year as well and I am thinking hard about trying the Shindiawa trimmer as well.

jakesteel22

Threads
I think all of the major companies like stihl, husky, an echo all have great machines. Each company has there flaws with certain products though. Personally i prefer stihl chainsaw over any other brand. I have yet to try a stihl blower so i cant say much but have used many echos and all suprised me with there power.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am a STIHL guy. Why? Because I have had a good experience with there products, but it doesn't meen I hate all the other brands out there. The main goal is to run something that is good and supported by manny local dealers for easy parts access. In some places, I have seen ECHO everywhere and not so much STIHL. Where I live it is all STIHL and if I go out for a drive in another town, there is a tone of ECHO.

My friend works at railroad tracks and uses leaf blowers to clear snow off the rail road tracks all night non stop. They use to have STIHL BR600 blowers and each year they would breack. Now, they have changed to Shindaiwa, which has more power for the money and he uses it all night. I think he goes thru 10$ of gas on one blower in one night. Even tho he is using a Shindaiwa blower, it doesn't mean STIHL is bad. He still recommends it, but he does say that the leaf blower is better.