Shindaiwa T260 Trimmer

Does it have a straight shaft? And I think used heavier duty stuff is better than cheap new stuff. I think you could have this running for less than $30
 
Man I went to a dealers open house last year and they had them on special so I bought 3, they are the best trimmer I ever used before I only used Echo and Stihl.
It's woth fixing and for $10.00 I would of bought all they had!!
 
Man I went to a dealers open house last year and they had them on special so I bought 3, they are the best trimmer I ever used before I only used Echo and Stihl.
It's woth fixing and for $10.00 I would of bought all they had!!

Read what I said yes for 10 or even 30 fix it by all means. What I am saying is watch what you are spending. For me anyways I would rather have a 200 dollar or more new trimer then a 100 dollar peace of junk I have to fix all the time. Some pople just like fixing I don't. When I want to use a peace of equment I want it to run and not have to mess with it to get it runing. From the picture it looks like it belongs in the salvage yard to me. But by all means don't let me tell you what to do. If you are buying three trimers at a time it sure looks like you have the same idea I do and not buying junk to use ever day.
 
Sorry for the super late reply. I cleaned the whole thing up and it is straight shaft. I got a new spring for the starter and it still won't recoil back. The guy at Ace said that it need a starter bolt or screw which I don't have. I'll order one of those online and see if that fixes the recoil and hope it has spark. And I agree I don't want to spend lots on this trimmer. My first impression on this trimmer I thought it was a junker but I deicded I'd try and fix it but if this goes into costing a lot then I'm not going to fix it. I've spent around $8.00 on parts such as fuel lines, spark plug and spring. Which makes $18.00 right now.
 
Back
Top