sheared input shaft woodruff key on yt11 ariens mower

Digiacomo

Threads
  • / sheared input shaft woodruff key on yt11 ariens mower
title explains it.......Is this a common problem??..........I replaced the long drive belt [I could have had some slippage with the old belt] I wonder if that kept the pin from shearing??..........I ran the new belt and the deck for ten minutes on the lawn and the wooddruff key gave up....I thought the trany blew....I was happy tto find that the key sheared..........

Bertrrr

Threads
Woodruff key's are there mainly to protect your engine drive assemlby, Why yours they usually shear when you hit something solid and keeps you from bending a shaft or other damage. If it happens again you'll need to dig further to find out why

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
title explains it.......Is this a common problem??..........I replaced the long drive belt [I could have had some slippage with the old belt] I wonder if that kept the pin from shearing??..........I ran the new belt and the deck for ten minutes on the lawn and the wooddruff key gave up....I thought the trany blew....I was happy tto find that the key sheared..........
A sheared flywheel key is not a common problem at all. Be sure you have the flywheel torqued too correct specifications.

Digiacomo

Threads
Ok thanks a lot........the old drive belt was stretched out so that it was rubbing on itself at the tension pulley........the new belt could have put alot more torque to the tranny that was too much for the old key that was about to give up.......??............I'll get it back together when i get warm weather again..........

Digiacomo

Threads
  • sheared input shaft woodruff key....not flywheel key,,,,,