Sharpening Blades

Angle grinder here, as stated before, be careful not to "burn" the blade. And check the balance when done.

I'm re-tired too (couldn't get this tired in one shot:laughing:). Have the tools, but usually seem to be out of time! :biggrin: I keep plenty to do, just don't get in any big hurry about doing it. ~~ grnspot
 
Ditto. If I'd known retirement would be this enjoyable I wouldn't have minded working so much.

I think I may be the opposite...I really liked my job and the majority of the people I worked with and was very good at what I did, but had I known how much I would have enjoyed retirement I probably would have begrudged having to work as long as I did...
 
Have ALWAYS used files for sharpening...ALWAYS.


Wow, your blades must be really soft...I can't even scratch the surface of mine with a file??

For the price, I typically only sharpen them (with a 4.5" grinder) a few times...$35/season is fairly inexpensive for new blades.
 
Wow, your blades must be really soft...I can't even scratch the surface of mine with a file??

For the price, I typically only sharpen them (with a 4.5" grinder) a few times...$35/season is fairly inexpensive for new blades.

My Land Pride grooming mower has blades so hard, that a file will not touch them... for those a grinding wheel is a must...
I can run John Deere blades on my smaller 72 inch ZTR deck... those are a bit softer and can be sharpened with a file, but those are the ones I have started using a belt sander on... they also need more sharpening during a season... but then they are easier to sharpen so I guess it is a trade off... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top