Sharing a mower

Madi

Threads
My sister in law lives 3 houses down from me, she wants to go splits on a ride on mower this year. I think it is a bad idea, my husband thinks it is great because we would have a ride on. I don't like the fact we would have to share it. Brings forth more drama.

indypower

Threads
Great if you get along well. If not, it will just cause problems when repairs are needed and who broke it usually means who pays for the repair.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My sister in law lives 3 houses down from me, she wants to go splits on a ride on mower this year. I think it is a bad idea, my husband thinks it is great because we would have a ride on. I don't like the fact we would have to share it. Brings forth more drama.

How large a yard do you both mow? Indypower says there will be problems if something breaks, well there should be no problems if you both care for the mower equally...I cannot imagine a new machine giving any problems the first year and what you do have should be covered under warranty anyhow.

Madi

Threads
We both have average lawns. We have decided that we need to look into this further before we buy anything. I don't want to jump the gun and end up regretting it.

LandN

Threads

Here are some thoughts that make you go uhmmmm:thumbsup: are you good friends through thick and thin,,,,,will anyone else be able to use the mower, and with who's authorization,,,,,,,, what if down the road one of you moves, who's mower is it,,,,,,,,,who decides maintenance issues,,,,,,,,,, will it be used for snow removal,plus those issues,,,,,,,,,, might be a good thing and then it might backfire:smile:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
It kinda sounds like a partnership.

I heard this advice from a financial guy on the radio: "The only ship that doesn't sail is a partnership".

I agree with you, Madi. Sounds like a bad idea. It WILL end up causing tension.

Madi

Threads
I talked it over with my husband, explaining my concerns as well as the ones brought up here that we didn't think of. We have decided to get our own mower, will cost us twice as much but will cause us half as many headaches.