Service Manual needed

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
I have just gotten in an old Kohler 950 Generator in for repair. Model 950MM25. Serial number 1007913. I need a service manual for this unit. Engine runs great, but I have no AC output. Kohler has obsoleted this units 15 years ago and my tech contact has not been able to find anything for me yet. Another possibility is does anyone remember how to flash these units. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rivets.
 
You can "flash" a generator using a 'corded' electric drill motor...:
With the generator running, Plug in the drill motor.
Turn the drill motor by hand while holding it 'on'... the small amount of current you generate by turning the drill motor by hand will flash the dead generator...

:smile:KennyV
 
Due to many things I have not been able to work on this unit. Today I tried flashing this unit, but could still get no output. Still looking for a service manual or wiring diagram in PDF form. Thought I would give it another try and see if anyone has one?
 
Have tried flashing in both directions, no luck. I have 14VDC, but only 11VAC. My contact at Kohler has retired and have had no luck getting a manual from them.
 
Back
Top