Sears Rotary Lawn Mower 550 with stuck starter handle

risdeveau

Forum Newbie
My new lawn mower was working fine until, like an idiot, I hung it up in my garage on the wall for a month. Now the starter handle does not pull to start the engine. I guess the flywheel is stuck. Can someone please help or suggest a way to fix this? Even though this may be an old model, I bought one that was never used.
 
The oil has ran down into the cylinder. Oil doesn't compress. Remove the spark plug and crank engine and watch the oil spray about 10 feet, repeat until no more spray. clean spark plug, check oil level in engine. Start engine and fog the mosquitoes for about 10 minutes and should be good to go, then wipe the oil off the deck that comes out of the muffler.
 
The oil has ran down into the cylinder. Oil doesn't compress. Remove the spark plug and crank engine and watch the oil spray about 10 feet, repeat until no more spray. clean spark plug, check oil level in engine. Start engine and fog the mosquitoes for about 10 minutes and should be good to go, then wipe the oil off the deck that comes out of the muffler.

Thank you so much Illinois Engine. The directions worked perfectly, even to the distance of the oil spray. Your prompt consideration and great advice was fantastic. I now have a happy wife for the day.
 
Back
Top