Repairs SEARS MULTIMETER TOOL SALE

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
In the mid 80's I bought a cheap HF multimeter for less then 5 dollars. It worked OK but didn't last very long under everyday use. That is when I bought my Fluke multimeter which works as fine as the day I bought it other then keeping a fresh battery in it. If you are not going to use a multimeter very much the cheap ones work just fine but you get what you pay for. It looks like a wide range of prices from Sears.

earthworm

Threads
In the mid 80's I bought a cheap HF multimeter for less then 5 dollars. It worked OK but didn't last very long under everyday use. That is when I bought my Fluke multimeter which works as fine as the day I bought it other then keeping a fresh battery in it. If you are not going to use a multimeter very much the cheap ones work just fine but you get what you pay for. It looks like a wide range of prices from Sears.

I have found that doing business with Sears can be a trying , even unpleasant affair ..bottom line ..I do not trust them ..But I do trust HF . .Sears does give one an excellent selection ..even too good..

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have found that doing business with Sears can be a trying , even unpleasant affair ..bottom line ..I do not trust them ..But I do trust HF . .Sears does give one an excellent selection ..even too good..

Sears has the Fluke model 115 on sale for 132.53 dollars on that list. Top quality tool. Can't compare with the 5 dollar meter from Harbor Freight even if they both do the same job. I find that craftsman and Sears are OK tools. It sound to me you just don't like doing business with Sears as a company because of what ever Sears did bad for you. I can well understand that. Also I have nothing bad to say about HF.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

I used to buy ONLY Craftsman tools, but it seems like over the last 5 years or so the quality is not as good and the pricing is too high. Harbor Freight, on the other hand, sells very good quality tools at a very low price and IMHO will be the demise of Craftsman(the K-Mart/Sears merger really didn't help much:0(

earthworm

Threads
Sears has the Fluke model 115 on sale for 132.53 dollars on that list. Top quality tool. Can't compare with the 5 dollar meter from Harbor Freight even if they both do the same job. I find that craftsman and Sears are OK tools. It sound to me you just don't like doing business with Sears as a company because of what ever Sears did bad for you. I can well understand that. Also I have nothing bad to say about HF.
I have no issue with Sears (tools) , .. nor .. HF .. BUT, I detest the way Sears does business . So damned pushy, so determined to sell what no man wants , their credit cards and their extended warranties .."NO" means nothing to them ...
And the way in which they handle defective merchandise .. terrible and worse .
I'll NEVER go their again .. Generally , in the past, I will walk into Sears and find seven people , six of which are salesmen ..Other places , Walmart, HF, Boscov .. all customers .

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sure don't compare Harbor Freight's as being top quality tools. Yes you can get by with them but don't start using them hard and every day. This is the reason I paid top dollar for my Snap-on tools. I do have a tool box full of Harbor Freight tools at my camp and they work out for me just fine, then if something beaks I just buy new. When you are makeing a living with tools, a broken tool is useless and cost you money.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I sure don't compare Harbor Freight's as being top quality tools. Yes you can get by with them but don't start using them hard and every day. This is the reason I paid top dollar for my Snap-on tools. I do have a tool box full of Harbor Freight tools at my camp and they work out for me just fine, then if something beaks I just buy new. When you are makeing a living with tools, a broken tool is useless and cost you money.

I totally agree....harbor Freight tools are good enough for light duty homeowner usage, but if you are depending on tools for regular heavy use or using them professionally you need a quality tool like Snap-on!!