Repairs Sears LT 10 36

silver1

Threads
My LT 10 has a Lauson Power carb. that has no linkage to the throttle on top. It came with a small wire that was not installed after a (bad) carb. re-build. It is about 2 inches long and has bend at one end and a cork screw at the other. It may go to the governor. It starts and runs, but no throttle response.
Any help would be nice.

scott47429

Threads
post some pics of what your looking at and post the serial and model numbers off the engine

silver1

Threads
post some pics of what your looking at and post the serial and model numbers off the engine

The engine is a Tecumseh 10 hp. I hope the pictures help. The serial # is blocked up front. I was told it was by the sparkplug. Is that correct.
The tractor is 917.255270 serial #959 V11169 Sears LT 10 36. Any manual available?
thanks

Attachments

• 4-IMGP0004-001.JPG
    4-IMGP0004-001.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 3-IMGP0003-001.JPG
    3-IMGP0003-001.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

DaveTN

Threads
On all engines with a governor and spring setup, the GOVERNOR pulls the engine OUT of fuel. The SPRING pulls the engine INTO fuel. The balance point between those two opposing forces determines engine speed / rpm. When you give the engine throttle, all you are doing is stretching the spring! The SOLID link goes between the THROTTLE PLATE on top of the carburetor and the top of the GOVERNOR ARM. The SPRING goes between the GOVERNOR ARM and the THROTTLE CONTROL. There can be no binding at all. There are 2 types of governors on most mowers. 1) Air Vane (external on some smaller engines) and 2) Centrifugal flyweight (internal, camshaft driven). The governor and spring setup works the same on both.

silver1

Threads
Thank you for input. With the help of the forum I know the setup for the throttle/governor. My
problem is the missing part from the carb. throttle to the governor. I have the spring and wire
parts from the throttle cable arm to the governor. I could possibly make the part if I knew the
how long and the shape of the part needed.
Thanks for the response. LB:thumbsup: