Scotts S1642 Won't start

ohnoitfelix

Forum Newbie
Threads
Currently having issues with my mower as it does not start (Scott S1642). I recently replaced the solenoid and the battery is fully charged so neither should be an issue. In my process of trying to eliminate possible problems i've even bypassed the pedal, blade, and seat safety switches and none have resulted in the mower starting.The only way I can get it started is if I manually connect both terminals of the solenoid. Any suggestions?

ohnoitfelix

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or would someone be able to provide the wiring diagram? Google isn't yielding any results

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What is your serial number as I am got one for 035001 and up but not below that.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Seat switch is not in the cranking circuit
B > S on key switch
S > PTO switch
PTO > Brake
Brake > Solenoid

MudMower01

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a scotts ride on mower no mower deck just to ride around i bought a new battrey becuse the other one was dead and hooked it up and dident turn over dont know whats wrong but if anybody knows why please let me know

Born2Mow

Threads
Currently having issues with my mower as it does not start (Scott S1642). The only way I can get it started is if I manually connect both terminals of the solenoid. Any suggestions?
With a test light or VOM check the small terminal on the starter solenoid for the presence of 12V when you turn the ignition key to "Start".
> If you do have power, then the solenoid needs checking.
> If you do not have power, then the ignition switch (or whatever switch incorporates the "Start" function) is not sending power to the starter solenoid.... or the wiring between the 2 is bad.

How long has it been since the starter worked ?? If this is a new issue just since you got the mower out of winter storage, then if can be a simple case of electrical terminal corrosion. Which is often not so simple. But start with disconnecting each terminal on the Ignition Switch and then plugging them right back onto the same terminal. Sometimes the simple act of re-seating can get things going.

That cure won't last long. So don't get all excited and go away.