Scarecrow

Parkmower

Well-Known Member
The town/village I live and work in has an annual scarecrow contest for all the businesses in town. This is my first entry. I'll post another pic of him in place later today. He's made of logs pegged with dowels and pushing a toro commercial two stroke
 

Attachments

  • image-1329145217.png
    image-1329145217.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 51
The town/village I live and work in has an annual scarecrow contest for all the businesses in town. This is my first entry. I'll post another pic of him in place later today. He's made of logs pegged with dowels and pushing a toro commercial two stroke

How original....!!! Very nice work. Sad to say, this morning my joints feel as wooden as that guy's probably do....:laughing:
 
That's a good looking scarecrow. The arms and legs can pivot -- right?

I'm interested in your two-stroke Toro. Is that a Suzuki engine? I have one -- built in 1987. It has a very powerful engine and the deck, etc is built to take a lot of abuse.

toro-1.jpg
 
It's an old parts mower. For safety/vandal issues there is no gas tank, lines, carb, blade, pull start, or spark plug. But do have half dozen other mowers like it though
 
It's an old parts mower. For safety/vandal issues there is no gas tank, lines, carb, blade, pull start, or spark plug. But do have half dozen other mowers like it though

It's smart to take off the tank, blade, etc for safety reasons.

Do you know if it's a Suzuki engine? Do you have any idea what year it was made? Any information about those Suzuki-powered Toros would be appreciated. As I said, I have one and I'm very curious about it.
 
Not sure the engine maker is. I have a few with the GTS on top. All are side discharge. Not sure on year. Besides adding mixed gas and annual tune up not much I can tell ya. Gas tanks tend to fall off their mounts.
 
Not sure the engine maker is. I have a few with the GTS on top. All are side discharge. Not sure on year. Besides adding mixed gas and annual tune up not much I can tell ya. Gas tanks tend to fall off their mounts.

Do the engines on your mowers look like the one in the photo in post #3?

I can see how the tank mounts might be a problem.
 
Back
Top