Scag wheel leaking hydro fluid.

Andy7292

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a scag vride 2 and the right wheel area is leaking hydro fluid. I jacked up the mower and noticed two things:

1. The area leaking fluid no longer leaks when the wheel is off (no load)

2. There is drift on the wheel when the mower is in neutral. The right tire where the leak is is creeping forward ever so slowly.

Wondering if these issues are connected. If the drift is cause by the leak or the soft is causeing the leak. Any ideas?

Jack17

Threads
Hi, I highly doubt that wheel creep is somehow related to fluid leak. Leak is due to a bad seal or, perhaps, even a cracked motor housing. You say, when wheel is off the ground...no leak. Hmm? Motor bearings are shot? How many hours on this unit? Now, wheel creep in neutral. Normally, I'd say steering control arms are out of adjustment, but in neutral? Are you sure?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Parker TE wheel motor. Seals leaking for one thing but bushings (maybe needle bearings, just depend where in the SM they claim they are) are probably worn too. Not enduser rebuildable due bushing having to be pressed out and in but the seals can be replaced PN SK000090 Standard seal kit.

If attempt this I would recommend having the service manual for the wheel motor at hand.

Yes the linkage needs a little adjustment to become fully neutral position on the pump unless the pump is leaking and that is a separate issue.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And here is drawing showing where the high pressure seal that would leaking is located .

1709218672846.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Looked up PN 065506 bearing and it is definitely a needle bearing. And it must be packed with grease as normally that is only way it is lubed.
1709220899333.png
And Parker says it requires a special tool to install and they give info so you can have a machine make you one as they don't it available commercially.