Scag TigerEye Hour Meter Issue

DavidC

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Scag Turf TigerII with the TigerEye monitoring system. My problem is that the hour meter is illuminated as it should be but when the engine is running it does not log any hours. The engine on my mower is a Kohler ECH 749, 26.5hp, fuel injected. I have checked fuses, all checked out OK. And I have searched the internet for any mention of the problem but came up with no help. So, hopefully someone here on this forum can help.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check electrical connections at backside of hour meter.

DavidC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check electrical connections at backside of hour meter.
I checked and cleaned the connections and they all looked good. There is a relay in where these connections are, but without actually looking at a wiring diagram, it appears that the relay is associated with the starting system. Is this correct?

grumpyunk

Threads
Unless you know differently, I would expect the relay could be designed to supply power to the hour meter when the engine is running(or the ignition switch in RUN). You may have a wiring schematic in the owners manual, might find one searching the net, and know for sure. If you want to shotgun, you could just replace the relay and see what happens, or could trace the wires. It would make sense for a relay to get powered by the charging system, and in turn pass power to the timer which would then indicate actual run time. A relay would be a quick and good solution for that situation.
tom