Export thread

Scag SWZU belt question

M

MowLife

A3310B24-E91F-4BAA-9644-CA3D9E6AA8EA.jpg

This is my 48” Scag SWZU deck. I bought this used and was looking for the deck belt. All the parts diagrams I can find show the center spindle having a double pulley with 2 belts. Is there a setup like mine with the single pulley and 1 belt or is possible that the previous owner converted this?

M

MowLife

I figured it out. Found the correct schematic. I like the double pulley set up compared to mine being the single. There is not much belt contact on the center pulley.

M

Mad Mackie

The deck in your pic never was setup as a two V belt unit, there is no evidence of having had the 2nd V belt tensioner.
Some early Scag zero turn machines had a single deck drive V belt but Scag went with the two V belt deck system.
Are there any model or serial numbers on the machine or mower deck?

M

MowLife

I can’t find a tag or number on the deck. The mower model is SWZU48V - 17KAI

Padroo

Padroo

The tension spring looks like maybe it needs replace and once you find what mower deck you have there might be a measurement for the spring length which is critical for proper operation.

M

MowLife

The tension spring looks like maybe it needs replace and once you find what mower deck you have there might be a measurement for the spring length which is critical for proper operation.

I noticed that also...I actually flipped it because it wore a flat spot from rubbing on deck. I looked up a replacement...man they are proud of them price wise. Was considering a standard spring from a hardware store but now that you mention the tension I guess I’ll have to get the right one. Thanks for pointing it out.