Scag STT61-25ch Wiring Issue

jd12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the line item from the invoice. This was ordered on powermowersales.com, they claimed this is the correct harness for my serial number for a Kohler motor. I did install a Kawasaki motor that replaced the Kawasaki motor when I purchased the machine. But somewhere along the line someone fitted a Kawasaki in place of the Kohler, which I did not know

481752 Scag 481752 WIRE HARNESS, STT-KA
$291.82 x 1
$291.82
Now that changes the whole ball game.
View attachment 65299
View attachment 65300
Coming from the module plug (terminal F) would be the kill wire for the engine. for the ignition to operate as the kill switch then a wire would need to be added the M terminal (terminal B in the engine diagram) to the control module terminal F.

Now does assume you have the water cooled FD engine series. Other series may have engine wiring setup but you have not told us exactly what you are dealing with.
Thanks so much! It sounds like I have the wrong harness and I need to improvise it to make it work.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thanks so much! It sounds like I have the wrong harness and I need to improvise it to make it work.
That where most of us have to made modifications base on our knowledge of things. Retrofits are where we have to do these mods.

jd12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the line item from the invoice. This was ordered on powermowersales.com, they claimed this is the correct harness for my serial number for a Kohler motor. I did install a Kawasaki motor that replaced the Kawasaki motor when I purchased the machine. But somewhere along the line someone fitted a Kawasaki in place of the Kohler, which I did not know

481752 Scag 481752 WIRE HARNESS, STT-KA
$291.82 x 1
$291.82

That worked! It’s amazing how one simple wire can provide so much joy.

Thanks so much for your help and assistance.

It means a lot!

Jcota SCAG

Forum Newbie
Threads
Question Folks, I have a similar model STT61A-25CH. Basically, I was mowing, and the old girl shut off and wouldn't crank anymore. Found a switch stuck closed on the left handle which I replaced but to no avail I was losing power when it would sit, and it looks like the wiring has been messed with connectors here and there, so I was thinking of just replacing the entire wiring harness. Will the harness mentioned above work for me?